Term deposit | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Help Section » Support
marc97327
marc97327 Dec 14 '17

I would like to deposit some coins but I'm not sure what address to use. Do I simply create a new one and deposit the coins into it? Thank you for your help.

Share:
ROIcoin
ROIcoin Dec 14 '17

Quote from marc97327

I would like to deposit some coins but I'm not sure what address to use. Do I simply create a new one and deposit the coins into it? Thank you for your help.

Yes you are exactly right. First create a receive address in your wallet and copy that. Then when you do the term deposit send it to that address which actually means you are sending it to yourself. When you do the term deposit choose how many coins and choose for how long. You will get a popup explaining what you are doing and what the outcome will be. Once you push through and complete the term deposit in the overview tab and in the lower section of the wallet you can view and track your term deposit(s).
marc97327
marc97327 Dec 14 '17

Quote from ROIcoin
Quote from marc97327

Yes you are exactly right. First create a receive address in your wallet and copy that. Then when you do the term deposit send it to that address which actually means you are sending it to yourself. When you do the term deposit choose how many coins and choose for how long. You will get a popup explaining what you are doing and what the outcome will be. Once you push through and complete the term deposit in the overview tab and in the lower section of the wallet you can view and track your term deposit(s).
Thank you!
MuttleyGriffin
Sorry to revive an older thread, but I was stuck on this topic until I found this post.

However, how do I go about making a new wallet? The only wallet I have was the one when I installed the wallet software.

Do I simply run another instance of the wallet software, or am I missing something?
ROIcoin
ROIcoin Jan 6

Quote from MuttleyGriffin Sorry to revive an older thread, but I was stuck on this topic until I found this post.

However, how do I go about making a new wallet? The only wallet I have was the one when I installed the wallet software.

Do I simply run another instance of the wallet software, or am I missing something?
Yes you can download the software again and set up a new wallet.
ghobson
ghobson Jan 7
if you just want a new wallet address go to menu option file->receive address and make a new one.
ster0id
ster0id Feb 12
Hi. I placed a Deposit on 07.02.2010 for 365 days. In the wallet window "ROicoin termdeposits" in the field "Estimated date" specified 2019/05/21. Why the Wrong date of closing of the Deposit? Screenshots are included
Attachments:
  Снимок.JPG (27Kb)
  Снимок1.JPG (26Kb)
fwq
fwq Feb 12
That's because, when you put a term deposit, you put it for a number of block calculated using the theorical blockchain time (500 blocks = 60k seconds). However, the blockchain is a bit slower than that (500 blocks = 70k seconds), so the number of theoritical blocks for 365 days will be elapsed a few weeks/months later, if the blockchain continues at the same speed. If they fix the difficulty algorythm (and I hope they will), the closing date will move.

The Forum post is edited by fwq Feb 12