Coin lost after path | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Help Section » Support
ligor
ligor Jan 29 '18
Hello. I apply hotfix - and lost 800 coin mined last 2 days. After command  "-zapwallettxes = 2" more than 2000 coins were lost!
I recovery backup. How to return money in a new blockchain?
Share:
ROIcoin
ROIcoin Jan 29 '18
How many coins did you lose total?
ligor
ligor Jan 29 '18
1) Before fix (attach roicoin290118.png -7247 coins)
2) step fix from 1 to 19 (roicoin290118new.png -7008 coins)
3) step 24 (roicoin290118new2.png -4940 coins :()
The Forum post is edited by ligor Jan 29 '18
Attachments:
  roicoin290118new.png (96Kb)
  roicoin290118.png (96Kb)
  roicoin290118new2.png (103Kb)
ROIcoin
ROIcoin Jan 29 '18
Looks to me like 2307 coins lost. Can you give me a good wallet address so I can replace those for you?
ligor
ligor Jan 29 '18
1) can I send you my old wallet (where 7247 coins) for verification?
2) I created in the new version (where 4940 coins) the new address RQqqV2sScH71fhJiXEaAUjDZE9EdDMXufT

ROIcoin
ROIcoin Jan 29 '18
Ligor sent you coins they are on the way :)
olegroma832
olegroma832 Jan 30 '18
Hello. I apply hotfix - and lost 1440 coin mined last 2 days. After command  "-zapwallettxes = 2" more 0 coins  lost!
I recovery backup. How to return money in a new blockchain?
The Forum post is edited by olegroma832 Jan 30 '18
Attachments:
  Screenshot_3.png (225Kb)
  Screenshot_1.png (148Kb)
  Screenshot_8.png (252Kb)
WyvernClaws
WyvernClaws Jan 30 '18
Hello, I lost coins too, (480 coins to be more expecific), after applying the hotfix. I did backup my wallet before updating, is there a way to restore it?
ligor
ligor Jan 30 '18

Quote from ROIcoin Ligor sent you coins they are on the way :)

Thank you for resolving my problem!
fwq
fwq Jan 30 '18

Quote from WyvernClaws Hello, I lost coins too, (480 coins to be more expecific), after applying the hotfix. I did backup my wallet before updating, is there a way to restore it?
are these 480 coins from 4 blocks you mined after the patch release but before you installed it? If yes then you have mined blocks on the wrong chain, and there's not really much you can do.
mihaic
mihaic Feb 1 '18
Hello, i lost a big part of my coins after the fix, i only managed to take a picture of the desktop wallet which had 1085 coins at the time of the picture. the laptop wallet had 1565 obviously i think non of them was synchronized so i decided to search on forum and i saw the fix, proceed and did it as per readme file inside the fix zip but now i lost almost all my coins, i did a backup of wallet.dat before the fix and replaced it after the fix with no succes, still all my coins are lost...
mihaic
mihaic Feb 1 '18
This is the wallet after fix, fully synchronized and with much less coins...
ROIcoin
ROIcoin Feb 1 '18
It looks like what happened was you had mined coins on the wrong chain and then those were gone after synchronizing on the correct chain.
mihaic
mihaic Feb 1 '18
i was affraid of that, so i basically mined almost an entire week for nothing...when are this problems going to get fixed ? i usually let the laptop mine unsupervised for days in a row, this is a huge problem for me. it's a waste of time and money if this problems occure again....

ROIcoin
ROIcoin Feb 1 '18

Quote from mihaic i was affraid of that, so i basically mined almost an entire week for nothing...when are this problems going to get fixed ? i usually let the laptop mine unsupervised for days in a row, this is a huge problem for me. it's a waste of time and money if this problems occure again....

Forks happen but we do our best to correct them quickly. We have also made code corrections so the cause of the latest fork won't happen again. Based on your screenshots you lost 720 coins. If you will give me a good wallet address I will replace them for you as a gesture of good will :)

mihaic
mihaic Feb 2 '18
thank you.  this is the address : RBHuBTNFa8osQripDgRuR1sz1dz6J38kb2
ROIcoin
ROIcoin Feb 5 '18

Quote from mihaic thank you.  this is the address : RBHuBTNFa8osQripDgRuR1sz1dz6J38kb2
I am sending the coins right now :)
Motoroller
Motoroller Feb 5 '18
Good day to all!

I apologize for the bad english.

A Windows version of the purse ROIcoin-qt_x64_v1120 was installed on my computer, on which 600 coins (5 addresses of 120 coins) were coined in a solo. 02/03/2018 the purse has completely stopped syncing, after that the upgrade was carried out according to the instructions to the version ROIcoin-qt-v113-hotfix1. After synchronization, only the first transaction (120 coins) remained in the purse, i.e. now the balance of the new wallet is 120 ROI. The old version of the wallet shows the presence on the balance of ~600 coins, 5 addresses and the date of the transaction:

RDcLe5k4GcqDUoogz2LQZbs4o81XpALdbJ
RRJpfdSAM9f1FuenimxLuJ9emoBKq7oVv9
RVxjGxt1QqQqwGtjyewTKULkC73dA9DTaV
RTRqtobyaxJ8YG17dwFcS8AkwzuwRk1X9y

RJ6gE3By4DCoEP9YEz1jcqyPcHExMyuuJg

Checking 4 addresses on the block-explorer, on which the other ~480 coins were scanned, showed that such addresses do not exist:

RDcLe5k4GcqDUoogz2LQZbs4o81XpALdbJ
RRJpfdSAM9f1FuenimxLuJ9emoBKq7oVv9
RVxjGxt1QqQqwGtjyewTKULkC73dA9DTaV
RTRqtobyaxJ8YG17dwFcS8AkwzuwRk1X9y

I ask you, please, help to return the lost ~480 coins!

Sincerely.
The Forum post is edited by Motoroller Feb 5 '18
Motoroller
Motoroller Feb 5 '18
Now I'm at a loss, is it worth continuing mining, if after a while most of the coins can disappear irrevocably?
ROIcoin
ROIcoin Feb 5 '18

Quote from Motoroller Now I'm at a loss, is it worth continuing mining, if after a while most of the coins can disappear irrevocably?
That is really up to you but so far we have had fixes in place within a day so if you follow the coin closely you should lose very few coins if there is a problem. We have also replaced lost coins and I have never seen any other coin that does that.
Pages: 1 2 3 »