hodlminer (and other miner) crashes on startup | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » ROI » ROI Coin Mining
DerpsBurps
DerpsBurps Mar 17
Hi. I'm new to mining, mostly (past attempts always failed).

I have tried multiple hodlminer setups as .bat files. I put them in the same folder as the hodlminer.exe, and whenever I start one of the .bat files it launches the command line window, then within a second Windows tells me that hodlminer.exe has stopped working.

I also tried using another program called roiminer.exe, and that makes Windows tell me that it has stopped working within a second also.

However, solo mining inside the ROI coin client works.

I'm using Windows 7 64-bit, and have an Intel Core i3-540 (2 cores, 4 threads)

This is what most of the batch files look like:
hodlminer.exe -a hodl --url=http://roi.hopto.org:23110 -u mine -p miner -t 4 --coinbase-addr=RSFdr3VmUPqjbHqvNfe6qNJ3BQKCBsdjdQ -P -q

Am I doing something wrong? I prefer to cluster mine, and be able to mine in the background while I'm using my computer.

Help and guidance is much appreciated, and thanks in advance.

Share:
ROIcoin
ROIcoin Mar 18
Quote from DerpsBurps Hi. I'm new to mining, mostly (past attempts always failed).

I have tried multiple hodlminer setups as .bat files. I put them in the same folder as the hodlminer.exe, and whenever I start one of the .bat files it launches the command line window, then within a second Windows tells me that hodlminer.exe has stopped working.

I also tried using another program called roiminer.exe, and that makes Windows tell me that it has stopped working within a second also.

However, solo mining inside the ROI coin client works.

I'm using Windows 7 64-bit, and have an Intel Core i3-540 (2 cores, 4 threads)

This is what most of the batch files look like:
hodlminer.exe -a hodl --url=http://roi.hopto.org:23110 -u mine -p miner -t 4 --coinbase-addr=RSFdr3VmUPqjbHqvNfe6qNJ3BQKCBsdjdQ -P -q

Am I doing something wrong? I prefer to cluster mine, and be able to mine in the background while I'm using my computer.

Help and guidance is much appreciated, and thanks in advance.

I have seen that happen before where the command line window opens up and then it just stops right away. This might happen if you don't launch the .bat as an administrator. Please try it this way:In your programs find the icon that launches the command line and RIGHT CLICK it and choose "Run As Administator"Now once the command line opens navigate to your .bat file and then launch it. use the cd command to change directories like this... cd c:\FolderName\FolderName\NameOfBatFile.bat
The Forum post is edited by ROIcoin Mar 18
DerpsBurps
DerpsBurps Mar 18
Tried through command line as administrator. same results After trying that, it still seems to crash on start up still. I found cmd.exe, and ran as administrator. Then, I found the directory of the .bat file. After opening it in cmd.exe, it says the program has stopped working and crashes. Then I am brought back to the command line with it displaying the text that is inside the .bat file, and then the regular text showing my current directory. Tried running the .bat files as administrator also, and still crashes.
The Forum post is edited by DerpsBurps Mar 22
ROIcoin
ROIcoin Mar 23

Quote from DerpsBurps Tried through command line as administrator. same results After trying that, it still seems to crash on start up still. I found cmd.exe, and ran as administrator. Then, I found the directory of the .bat file. After opening it in cmd.exe, it says the program has stopped working and crashes. Then I am brought back to the command line with it displaying the text that is inside the .bat file, and then the regular text showing my current directory. Tried running the .bat files as administrator also, and still crashes.

All I can think is maybe the miner you are using is not compatible or maybe you have a setting that is not supported by your system. You should try watching these 2 videos at YouTube and see if that gives you any solution. Roi coinHow To Pool Mine https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Bx6SIG6_70

carll
carll Mar 25
I am getting less than 30 ROI mining with my Intel Core I5 16Gb of RAM on several pools i have tried. On the beginning, i was able to make at least 120 ROI a day with solo mining on. The way it goes today it does not even pay the electricity to mine it. Is there another option? 
DerpsBurps
DerpsBurps Apr 8
I didn't realise this at the time, but my CPU does not support AES instructions, so using the non-AES miner solved the problem as far as I can tell. Thanks for the help.